Sunday, February 12, 2006

Road Trip, Friday February 03, 2006


Tom and Luke picked me up Friday afternoon for our road trip to shoot the Tommy Hearns fight in Detroit. We had a great lunch on our way at my favourite restaurant but encountered some pretty bad weather between London and Windsor.


Lots of cars lost control and ended up in the ditch, here's a van that just left the road. A thick icey slush covered the road with a frozen track between each lane. We even saw a towtruck that had rescued a stranded vehicle earlier turned over in the ditch with the vehicle still attached.




It just wouldn't be a proper road trip with out visting Elias. I can't remember if that's a name I gave him one day or if it really is his name but he's a Big Boy from eating all this burgers and I have fond memories of the Big Boy restaurant in London. I miss it so.



Tom and Luke give me the thumbs up after shooting the boxing matches. I was in an elevated position with the 400 2.8L. Man that thing hogged up my poor 20D's batteries. I had to shut down the Image Stabilizer until the last two fights. I missed my light little 300 2.8L but the autofocus and IS really make a big difference.

We were all happy with our work and we stayed up till 6 am editing on our laptops and showing each other our favourite photos. We did have to get some sleep to have some energy to cover the Superbowl the next day. and, (more importantly) , be able to get up in time for the free breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home